Gina McDuffie is the CMO of VER, formally known as Video Equipment Rental, the leading, global provider of production equipment serving the television, cinema, corporate, live events and sports broadcasting markets. Well known in production circles, Gina took on the challenge of helping VER rebrand and reinvent how it markets its products and services. She is responsible for marketing and revenue generation at VER, a winner of the Rising Star award from The CMO Club and all around terrific person. After you listen to this podcast, you will understand why I immediately nicknamed her “Gina the Builder” and will want to emulate her success.
What You'll Learn
- If you want to push for change, it helps to start with a positive attitude.
- Rebranding starts on the inside. If employees don't buy in, neither will customers or prospects.
- Don't be afraid of change even if it comes midstream, just embrace it and figure out how to move ahead.
Quotes from Gina McDuffie
- I'm going to kick butt every day and bring everything I have to work and be open to change and willing to take a risk and see where that takes me.
- I generally can see the positive and it's because I come to everything in a place of gratitude.
- It was the School of Hard Knocks, but it's the most amazing school I could go to.
- My job as CMO, first and foremost, was to work with the CEO on understanding and crafting a business strategy through a rebranding program.
- A lot of it was talking with a smaller group of people who identified as influencers about why the change was necessary and to assure them that it was going to be okay and then to ask them to spread the word.
- I learned so much in this process like it really was the anticipation of change that was so much scarier than the change itself.