Every January, over 180,000 people converge on Las Vegas to place their bets on the coolest and potentially coveted gadgets the world has yet to see. The 2019 CES promises to be “the world’s gathering place for all who thrive on the business of consumer technologies.” It’s a can’t-miss conference for marketers and business professionals from all industries — even those in the B2B space.
On this episode of Renegade Thinkers Unite, Drew talks with Shelly Palmer, CEO of The Palmer Group, about what attendees can expect and look for at the 2019 conference. You’ll hear about why B2B professionals owe it to themselves and their clients to learn what is up-and-coming, as well as why attendance ROIs are so individualized. Be sure to listen to catch Shelly’s expert insights on new sub-conferences at the 2019 CES and how you can make the most out of this major networking experience.
Get up to speed on the upcoming 2019 CES – listen now.
What You’ll Learn
Here’s what you can expect at the 2019 CES
Shelly explains that CES has been a proving ground for new technologies for the past 50 years. Not only will attendees catch inside glimpses into brand-new technologies already on the market, but they’ll be able to understand what’s coming in 18, 24, and even 36 months. He says it’s a “unique crystal ball into the future,” and allows you and your team to begin building new technological opportunities into your own business plans.
Networking opportunities and big-picture dreaming will be abundant in January
Virtually all aspects of modern businesses are influenced by technology. Shelly tells Drew that even giant corporations have individuals on the receiving ends of B2B sales calls, and those individuals use everyday technologies that are featured at CES. That’s why even B2B professionals have countless opportunities to add value to their companies and careers by attending the 2019 CES.
Simply reading about CES after the fact won’t give you the full scope. To truly understand the importance of this event, you have to experience it for yourself. No longer just an “electronics show,” Shelly believes that the 2019 CES is truly a “business show.” Drew, Shelly, and hundreds of other industry leaders will be at 2019 CES – will you?
“Resiliency” will be a new focus at the 2019 CES, and it’s an area of innovation that deserves your attention
One business and marketing trend you need to be aware of is “resiliency,” explained by the Consumer Technology Association (owner and producer of the CES) as the ability to “keep the world healthy, safe, warm, powered, fed and secure, even in the face of adversity.” Innovations that will help restore power and cell service to disaster-riddles areas, for example, will be featured at this sub-conference event. “The Resilience Conference will deliver world-class conference programming, insights, and solutions,” says a recent CTA press release. In order to be informed and responsible global citizens, marketers can’t afford to miss this event.
B2B and B2C marketers alike will have dozens of opportunities at the 2019 CES to expand their network, brainstorm with like-minded professionals, and plan for the future. For more information on 2019 CES and to register, visit the conference website.
- [0:28] This year’s CES conference is not you can’t afford to miss
- [7:27] B2B people need to attend the CES event too!
- [13:34] Here’s what you need to look for specifically at this year’s CES event – and what not to believe
- [21:44] “Retargeting is evil, but it works beautifully!”
- [26:14] Shelly transformed his family-owned consulting business into a global entity that does “engineering for engineers”
- [33:00] “Resilience” will be a new focus at the 2019 CES
- [32:28] The ROI on CES is very individualized, but 100% worth it
Connect With Shelly:
- CES Conference website
- Shelly Palmer’s biography
- Connect with Shelly on LinkedIn
- Follow Shelly on Twitter
- Follow Shelly on Facebook
Resources & People Mentioned
- Ep 52, “Preparing for the 2018 CES”
- Urban Green Council
- Press release, “Resilience to be New Part of CES 2019”
Connect with Drew
Meet the Guest
Named one of LinkedIn’s Top 10 Voices in Technology, Shelly Palmer is CEO of The Palmer Group, a strategic advisory, technology solutions and business development practice focused at the nexus of media and marketing with a special emphasis on machine learning and data-driven decision-making. He is a trusted strategic advisor to the C-Suite of leading digital media, content, broadcasting and technology firms and a key driver of market, technology and strategic direction, as well as acquisition strategies, for his clients.
Palmer is well known as Fox 5 New York’s on-air tech expert and for his work on the Emmy-nominated television show, Shelly Palmer Digital Living. He is also a regular technology commentator for CNBC, MSNBC, CNN, and Fox Business News.
An award-winning composer, producer, writer and director, Palmer has worked with hundreds of brands, agencies, broadcasters, publishers and tech platforms on advertising and marketing campaigns such as Meow Mix, Burger King and The City of Las Vegas.
Quotes from Shelly Palmer
- CES is a unique crystal ball into the future.
- It's important for B2B companies to understand that all human beings that they sell to are also consumers themselves.
- There are so many things at CES that can look B2C, but have actual applications in B2B.
- If you are in a business where human beings are empowered by technology, you owe it to yourself to understand what's coming in the short term future.